Types of Cookie. The following different types of cookie are used:
· Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into the members’ area of the website.
· Analytical/performance cookies.They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps the website managers to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality cookies.These are used to recognise you when you return to the website.
· Targeting cookies.These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed within the website.
Some Specific Cookies used on the Website.
This cookie enables the website managers to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
· Recognise you when you return to the site.
· Allows you to use the site in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient, for example, by allowing you to login and access the members’ area.
Google Analytics sets these cookies to evaluate the use of the website and compile reports for us on website activity.
How to Block Cookies. You can choose to block cookies by activating a setting on your browser. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the website.
Information from Cookies. Please note that:
· The FIA derives no person-specific information from cookies. We do not know, for example, which members visit the website, or how frequently.
· The FIA receives a monthly analysis of website activity which entirely anonymised.
· Google Analytics collect information from cookies from which the monthly activity analyses are compiled. Cookie information is not passed to any other external organisation.
The Association welcomes new members who support the continuing freedom of the people of Falkland Islands. Just click the tab below to learn about the different levels of membership that are available in the UK and overseas.