The Annual General Meeting of the Association was held at The Abbey Centre, 34 Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3BU at 10.00am on Tuesday 9th December 2014.
Thirty members were in attendance.
The Chairman, Mr Alan Huckle, opened the meeting and welcomed members together with Ms Sukey Cameron, Falkland Islands Government Representative in London and Mr Roger Edwards, MLA, from the Falkland Islands Government.
1. Apologies for absence were received from 29 members.
2. The Chairman presented the Annual Report of the Executive Committee and approval was proposed by Mr T Johnson and agreed nem con.
3. The Treasurer, Mr James Wallace, presented the Financial Report for the year ending 31st March 2014. Acceptance was proposed by Major Dalzel-Job, seconded by Mr P Martinez and agreed nem con.
4. The Chairman then invited the Hon Roger Edwards MLA to address the meeting and he gave members a summary of the latest situation in the Islands
5. Election of Officers
Mr Alan Huckle was elected as Chairman for the coming year, as was Mr Saul Pitaluga as Vice-Chairman and Mr Colin Wright as Honorary Secretary, Mr James Wallace was elected as Hon Treasurer and Mrs Sharon Jaffray as Honorary Editor of the Association’s Newsletter.
6. Election of Executive Committee
Mr D G Ainslie, Air Commodore P Johnson, Mr M Jones, The Hon A. Shackleton, Mr R Wager, Col. M Bowles and Mr P Martinez were re-elected as members of the Committee and Mrs B McLeod, Mrs Nina Ashton and Mr S Wiggins were elected as new members of the Committee.
7. Mr Paul Freer was appointed as Honorary Inspector.
8. No award was made in respect of the Bill Hunter-Christie Memorial Prize in 2014.
9. Any other business: A number of items were raised for consideration by the Executive Committee.
A more detailed report with copies of the Chairman’s Report and the Finance Report can be found in the Members Area of the website which can be accessed by paid up members of the Association.
The Association welcomes new members who support the continuing freedom of the people of Falkland Islands. Just click the tab below to learn about the different levels of membership that are available in the UK and overseas.